The rented vehicle, accessories and additional equipment are in impeccable technical condition when given to the lessee and must be returned to the lessor at the expiry of this contract in the same perfect condition.
FURTHER TERMS OF CONTRACT
1. To extent this contract the lessee need the permission of the lessor. The lessor will calculate an increased hiring rate of 100 % to the lease price if the extension of the contract was not confirmed. Regarding the previous paragraph it must be made clear that any insurance taken by the lessee included in the tariff will cease to be effective at the point of time the contract expires.
2. If the lessee hand back the bicycle earlier than he has to, the lessor will keep the hire charges for the remaining days.
3. Strictly forbidden is the following:
a. Usage of the vehicle outside the designated paths and to take the vehicle to the beach at all, any damages arising from a breach of this rule are to be compensated by the lessee himself.
b. Riding through seawater is also forbidden. Upon acting against this rule the deposit shall be kept back.
c. The driving of the vehicle by any person other than the lessee or his designee, said designee having being properly authorized by the lessor at the request of the lessee and the lessee being fully responsible for him/her.
d. Driving the vehicle in a dangerous manner or under the influence of any substance or illness which could impair the psychological and physical state or reflexes of the driver.
e. Removing the vehicle from the island in which this contract is made without the explicit and written permission of the lessor.
4. Fines arising from traffic or parking violations are also to be paid by the lessee himself/herself. In connection with this the lessee is reminded that the wearing of a helmet is compulsory!
5. The tariff includes obligatory insurance.
6. Any damages or injuries which shall occur by or to the rented vehicle, and also which cannot be clearly attributed to the responsibility of a particular party shall be charged to the lessee's account.
7. An optional insurance includes accidental damage. Insurance Excess, renter is liable for all damage and repair costs up to the value written in the table below. No Damage Excess Waiver. Theft is not included!
a. Group A : € 100,-
b. Group B : € 100,-
c. Group C: € 100,-
d. Group D: € 200,-
e. Group E: € 400,-
8. The lessee has to inform the lessor about any damages on the bicycle. The lessor will remedy and repair deficiencies within a reasonable time.
9. The lessee has to pay immediately any damages or injuries caused by an accident, inappropriate usage or vandalism. Any damage can not be allocated with the rent deposit in case of an continuation of the lease contract.
10. The contracting parties submit themselves expressly to the courts and tribunals in the jurisdiction of the municipality in which this contract is made with implied waiver of their own jurisdiction.